[nabs-l] Michael Ausbun for NABS Secretary

Michael D Ausbun mausbun at unr.edu
Wed May 25 04:50:52 UTC 2016

Howdy Nabsters:
	My name is Michael Ausbun, and I am a senior at the University of Nevada, studying Philosophy, Political Science, Communication studies, and anthropology. I am writing today, in order to declare my intent to run for the National Association of Blind Student’s Secretary Position. For the past two years, I have served in a variety of secretarial positions, including secretary of the Nevada Association of Blind Students, the Blue Key honor Society, The Students Abolishing Sex-Slavery at the University of Nevada club, and the Kappa Sigma Fraternity, Tau-Gamma chapter.
	Additionally, I have served this past year on the NABS board as one of our four board members, and as the first vice president of the Nevada Affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind; and therefore, I have observed what it takes to successfully implement the duties of the secretary position at the state and national levels. Truly, having the honor to guide and advise students as they traverse the path to transform their dreams into reality has been one of the best moments over this past year, and, I hope that I will be granted the opportunity to continue doing the work that is critical for creating, and developing, equity for blind students across the country.
If you have questions about the individualized projects I have thought up concerning both the secretary position and nabs as a whole, please do not hesitate to ask! I look forward to visiting with many of you that I have had the pleasure of meeting at National convention, and for those I have not met yet, I am excited to establish lifetime friendships!
Yours in the movement,
Michael Ausbun
Board member, National Association of Blind Students
Secretary, Nevada Association of Blind Students
First Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Nevada

“The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you, or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back. Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality.”