[nabs-l] Meeting with Professors in Advance

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 22:04:42 UTC 2016

Hi Vejas, I'm not sure why you would want to meet with your
professors in advance unless the class is math, science, a
foreign language, or something like that where you need
significant accommodations.  I always just went up to them after
class on the first day and said hi unless it was one of the kinds
of classes I mentioned above.  It would look kind of strange to
just ask what the books will be without introducing yourself in
the e-mail and mentioning that the reason you want to know is
that you're blind.  Keep in mind that the end of the semester is
very busy for professors--they have to grade all the finals and
final papers--so I would suggest asking about the books now.  It
also gives DSS or Bookshare longer to make them accessible for
you.

HTH,
Karl