[nabs-l] Having a Problem with MS Word 2013 and JAWS 16

Miso Kwak misokwak12 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 22:35:07 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I had to recently uninstall and reinstall JAWS 16, which I am running
on Windows 8.1 PC.
Ever since the reinstallation, when I go to MS word in a multipage
document and navigate using control page up and control page down, it
would read page 2 page 3 etc but it would read the line on which the
cursor was originally. For instance, let's say that page 1 first line
says Hello and Page 2 first line says how are you. When I have my
cursor on the line Hello and press control page down it still reads
Hello instead of How are you. But when I move up and down key it shows
me that my cursor has moved to the top of second page. Is there any
way I can fix this so that JAWS would read me the first line of each
page when I navigate with ctrl page up and down?
So far I tried repairing the Office 2013 and called Freedom Scientific
to delete a file called word.jfc from my JAWS folder... but neither
worked.
Thanks in advance.
Miso Kwak