[nabs-l] cat litter box tips

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 23:50:49 UTC 2016

Yes, you can get a scoop from any pet supply store or general
purpose store like KMart.  I would never touch the poop and
litter with my hands.  Scooping really isn't hard, you just move
the scoop around until you feel something and then scoop under
it.  You have to sort of dig under the surface with the scoop
because cats bury their waste in the litter.  There are also self
cleaning litter boxes, but they're way more trouble than they're
worth.  Periodically you also have to dump all the litter and
refill the box.  This is much easier as a two person job where
one person holds the bag open if you have a roommate or partner
who can help you, but it's doable as a one person job too.