[nabs-l] Guide Dogs and Bathrooms

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:47:51 UTC 2016

Oh, I understand, I'm just saying that they have the right to use that stall
also; it's just that for you, it is realy inconvenient.  Maybe try talking
to the ladies in that area and explaining to them why that is really a
hendrence to you.  Or, asking the disability to allow you to have the staff
bathroom as an accommodation if the accessible stall is full.  That really
seems like a reasonable accommodation to me, because your disability and
having the guide dog is the only reason you are having difficulties in this
case.
I know it is usually off limits, but I don't see how to regulate who uses
the accessible bathroom stalls; I don't see a way for anyone to regulate
which stall someone else is using.  Yeah, their reasoning sucks, so that's
why I suggested trying to explain to people why that is really inconvenient
for you, but I don't know how to get a wide spread message out like that.
That's why I'm suggesting to find a way through the office of disabilities,
or just through the head person in the building to use the staff bathroom if
that other stall is full.  You can do that quietly without any of your
contemporaries knowing.
Is there a building next door with easy access maybe That's also another
option.
 Justin