[nabs-l] youtube usability

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 18 23:22:26 UTC 2016

Hi all,

How usable and accessible is youtube? Using a windows pc, can you do most things on it such as create an account, subscribe to channels, and post comments?
I’ve searched it  and played videos; the basics, but have not made a personal account yet.
Do you need a google email address to create an account?
Can you tell me about the process after you create the account? How do you find and subscribe to channels? And what is a channel anyways?

Also, can you create and upload videos, or does that require sighted help? If you can, what equipment do you use? Do you use a webcam and microphone, perhaps?

Thanks.
Ashley