[nabs-l] Office Hours

Lucy Sirianni lucysirianni at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 21:50:19 UTC 2016

Hi Vejas and all,

I teach college-level literature courses and hold multiple office
hours sessions per week.  While I am happy to schedule
appointments with students who have time constraints, I generally
prefer that those students who are able to do so simply show up.
I've already committed to being present and available to speak
with students during my scheduled office hours, so having
additional in-person or email conversations about this isn't a
great use of my time, though of course if a student's
availability is limited, it does make sense for that student to
reserve time with me in advance.  I don't make assumptions about
students' conscientiousness or dedication to the course based on
how they approach this.  All that said, why not just ask your
professors about their specific preferences?

Hope this helps!

Lucy