[nabs-l] A Problem That Needs To Be Put Out Here

luke schwinck luke.schwinck at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:20:43 UTC 2016

Hey All,

This is Luke Schwinck.  I am the treasurer of NABS and as previously stated by President Webster I am the Fundraising committee chair and responsible for this fundraiser.  I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that everyone has been experiencing.  Over the last two months we have tried to mail these flashdrives from two different parts of the country.  More often than not the drives are either returned to sender or delivered with the envelope having been ripped open and the drive either missing or severely damaged.  We have also attempted to pad the drives with newspaper during shipment, thinking that this may help the problem.  When that solution failed to rectify the issue I contacted the United States Postal Service to see why this is happening but have not yet received a response.

Thank you for your suggestion of having tracking on these shipments.  While that would be ideal, it is uncommon to purchase tracking for items of such low value and may make the fundraiser unprofitable.  Furthermore having tracking on these packages would most likely still not solve the issue of the envelopes being ripped open.

Once again we are very sorry for the inconvenience that everyone has experienced.  Please rest assured that we are doing everything within our power to solve this issue in a timely manner.  Of course we would love to be able to provide helpful materials to our fellow blind students so that we can all be successful in our endeavors, but we are willing to refund your $10 payments if you wish.  I invite anyone who has any further questions, comments, or concerns to contact me directly via my personal email of luke.schwinck at hotmail.com or by phone at (620)717-3122.  We do very much appreciate all of you who have done your part to make this fundraiser a success and please know that we are doing everything we can to do ours.

Best Regards,
Luke A. Schwinck
Treasurer
National Association of Blind Students
A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind