[nabs-l] Print Page Equivalent on Apex

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 23:29:51 UTC 2016

Hi Vejas,

You can control the formatting of a document fairly well on the
Apex.  Control L on a Qt gets you access to the layout list
(sorry I'm not sure what the BT command is), which you can use to
set your document to double space and also to set up things like
indents.  Control p gets you the page settings list which lets
you control the number of lines on the page and the page width.
For a standard equivalence of Times New Roman twelve point font
you want to set your paper width to 110 and your paper length to
50.  Unfortunately, all this formatting only works in a KWT file,
so you can write on the Apex and make sure you have the right
length, but then you have to reformat on another computer before
submitting your paper.  Alternatively, you might be able to print
from your KWT file directly (I've never done this), but then
because the Apex doesn't let you control fonts, your paper won't
be in the Times New Roman that nearly all college classes
require.

HTH,
Karl