[nabs-l] Taking Public Transportation from a College Campus

chelsea peahl chelsea.peahl at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 24 21:28:42 UTC 2016

I feel like it is possible, but you as the passenger need to know what building that is and so fourth.

Chelsea Peahl

On Sep 24, 2016, at 2:19 PM, Vejas via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org<mailto:nabs-l at nfbnet.org>> wrote:

Hi All,
I was wondering, how these of you who take taxis/Uber/Lyft or any other form of transportation explain to the driver your location of pickup, seeing that a college campus has so many entrances.
For example, the entrance I would prefer to use in my college is the parking lot near  Jamba Juice. This seems simple enough, but it puts the responsibility on the driver to search the entire college campus to find Jamba Juice. When I was an LCB student, I was in such a small town that I typically never had to explain locations, since the cab drivers there know the town well. But in asking for public transportation in other areas, I have found that dispatchers expect you to know the a.ress , so for example saying I'm at Subway on Main Street would not be enough, and they often seem to act like going into the computer system to quickly search the address is too much work for them.
Thanks,
Vejas