[nabs-l] College Choice

Katelyn MacIntyre katelynmacmusic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 01:11:15 UTC 2017

Hi Alexandra,
I recently obtained my Masters from Carnegie Mellon University in
Pittsburgh, PA, so I'd be happy to try and answer any questions you might
have.  Feel free to write me at katelynmacmusic at gmail.com
I found the disability office to be very helpful for the most part.  As
long as you know what you need and are firm in requesting it, they were
very accommodating and provided me with everything I needed and requested.
I can get you in touch with the department if this would be helpful to ask
questions directly.
The Pittsburgh area is great - lots of culture and growing opportunities.
There is a decent bus system and paratransit, though the campus also has
many resources available.  There are also several restaurant/shopping areas
in decent walking distance.
Additionally, the academic reputation is wonderful, and the university
provides many great resources such as a career center, personal development
opportunities, lots of clubs and organizations, and people from all over
the world.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time at CMU, and I couldn't recommend
this outstanding university enough!
Best wishes with your research, and again, let me know if I can help
further.

Warmest Regards,
~Katelyn MacIntyre
www.katelynmac.com
Vice President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division