[nabs-l] Looking for an accessible way to read financial statements

Jason Polansky jpolansky.nfb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 22:49:49 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I am taking an accounting class, and we are doing a project in which we are analyzing and comparing the financial statements of two major corporations. It seemed that Google finance was pretty accessible, but the information was in a table and there were four different values for each item. I'm supposed to compare two consecutive years. essentially was not able to decipher which numbers corresponded with the respective values. I also found some pdf documents of the statement of cash flows, balance sheet, and income statement on the corporation's web site, but I was not able to make much sense of them either. Thus far, I have had my accounting book produced in Braille, and the brailleest did quite a good job in transcribing them in a way that I was able to grasp. I have also used excel to complete homework assignments. However, trying to access actual statements of of a company seems much more challenging. I may just have to resort to using a human reader, but I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has experience with this.
Thank you