[nabs-l] Embosser Help

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 21:19:56 UTC 2017

Thanks to these who responded to me, both on and off-list. In meeting further today  with DSS and taking a closer look at a paper, I have found some more information regarding the embosser.  They are using a  VP Max embosser with tiger software. They are also using landscape as opposed to portrait, although I've only  heard of these terms in regards to the phone so don't know what this means.
I am just barely able to read the first letter of a line, so this isn't too much of an issue. As of right now, the main issues are:
1. All words showing up in grade 1, never in grade 2.
2. Some math symbols, such as the degrees symbol, appear as just a mix of letters and numbers.
3. Tables  are very small, and it is difficult to read the Braille which is squished onto the page.
4. In regards to the paper that is being used, I had in the past always been given sheets with the holes on the left when reading properly.  These sheets have the holes going along the bottom. When I mentioned this to my DSS coordinator she said that that is the only way she can put in paper so that it continuously prints out pages.
If anyone has worked with  this type of embosser or has any suggesttions, please let me know.
Thanks,
Vejas