[nabs-l] Need help turning dream into reality

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 00:03:15 UTC 2017

hello chicqua,
yes, you certainly can indeed open up a case in Maryland. you ugs,
amyhave the right to go wherever you wish to obtain your degree in
socil work. if you have any problems in Maryland the nfb of maryland
or chris who is from maryland can also assist you as well too! as a
matter of fact he's from maryland as well too and, I'm sure that he
can assist you in that adventure. just reach out to him or the nfb of
maryland too. also, there' the national center in Baltimore as well
too! take care and, good luck with your college career!

On 7/31/17, Shikha via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Is there a way i can open a case with a vr counselor in Marylamd?
>

> Shikha.
>
>> On Jul 31, 2017, at 4:41 PM, Mikaela Stevens via NABS-L
>> <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Shikha:
>>
>> I would make a case to your VR agency about why you need to get a masters
>> degree. They can help you pay for it.
>>
>> Also, I would choose a program which feels best to you. Sometimes it's
>> difficult to make a decision when other people are pushing you in a
>> certain direction, but ultimately you will be happier if you choose. I
>> have experience advocating for myself with VR. Feel free to reach out if
>> you have more questions or concerns.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Mikaela
>>

>>> On Jul 28, 2017, at 12:03 AM, Shikha via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hello federation family,
>>> My name is shikha desai, and i am a senior at Georgia State University.
>>> My major is social work. My dream is to get my master degree in social
>>> work in Marylamd. I have found out that salsberry university, morgan
>>> state, and university of Maryland are the three colleges in Marylamd
>>> which offer a MSW. The problem is that these three colleges are super
>>> expensive. Should I still apply for these schools? Or should i listen to
>>> my parents and get my msw at the same college that i am currently
>>> attending? I am not sure what to do because I just got a new vr counselor
>>> and I don't think vr will pay for grad school. My parents want me to go
>>> to grad school at the school i am currently attending so they can help
>>> me. I don't know how I will be able to pay for grad school if i do get
>>> accepted to one of the colleges in Marylamd. Sorry for the long message.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Shikha.