[nabs-l] blackboard system

Edward Shaham personal.edward at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 20:23:54 UTC 2017

Hello

Blackboard works well with some exceptions. The message boards can be
cumbersome, so it's a good idea to check them out beforehand. Keep in mind
if your taking more than one course that utilizes blackboard, one message
board may be accessible, while another professor may set their boards up a
little differently, thus making it inaccessible. I always ask my professors
if their ok with me sending my discussion responses to them by email. The
professor will then post it to the discussion board for me under my name.
This helps to negate almost all issues with accessibility.

Also, jaws sometimes cuts the bottom of the page off on blackboard, so it's
a good idea to have either NVDA or window eyes handy.

Hope this helps,
Edward