[nabs-l] Did you have a transitions class?

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 01:03:28 UTC 2017

Hi Ahbee,
I've never had a "transition class" in high school, although my college and career center did do a few sessions explaining to us about applying for colleges. I think my school and the college and career center in general expected you to try to get on with it for yourself, for the most part. You could get help, but mostly it was a case of you as the individual having to go to the college and career center.
That being said, if you do decide to attend a training center, which I know you're thinking about... when I went to LCB, we did have a college readiness class. There was a bunch of reading, discussion, sometimes a presenter, a midterm and a final. I think it's a good idea to have at your school though. Some people require more guidance than others. For some, the independence of my high school's college and career center would be great, and they would then just get on with it. But it didn't work so well for people who might have been more anxious about the process.
Vejas