[nabs-l] NABS Blog Post For The Month Of August

Bryan Duarte bjduarte at asu.edu
Mon Aug 14 22:46:38 UTC 2017

Greetings NABS,

This months blog post comes from Cricket Bidleman who was one of our national scholarship winners this year.

Cricket Bidleman was adopted from China, and currently lives in California. She will be starting her freshman year at Stanford University in September. Currently, she is a proud member of the National Federation of the Blind, serving on multiple committees in the student division. She also does outreach for the California student division of the NFB of California, and does quality assurance work on Pearson’s accessibility team. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, knitting, singing, hiking, playing the piano, learning, and working with technology. She hopes to be a college professor, and to study abroad in Europe.

Please join with me in reading this story about how another one of our NFB training centers has empowered one of our student members. If you have any questions or comments please contact Bryan at:
bjduarte at asu.edu <mailto:bjduarte at asu.edu>

http://nabslink.org/content/blog-post-month-august-first-time <http://nabslink.org/content/blog-post-month-august-first-time>

Bryan Duarte | software engineer
ASU Computer Science Ph.D Student
Alliance for Person-centered Accessible Technology IGERT Fellow
National Association of Blind Students | Board Member
Arizona Association of Blind Students | President