[nabs-l] Suggestions for High School Art Class

Mikayla Gephart mikgephart at icloud.com
Tue Aug 15 00:31:32 UTC 2017

Hi Emmie,
     I took art a few years ago. My art teacher was great at finding tactile art ideas and being creative based on the project. I hope you have a teacher as good as my teacher was for me. Do your schedules come out online? I am in high school too, and my schedule is posted online. After it is posted, I go to the school website and find my teacher’s email addresses. I send them an email before we start school introducing myself and starting the conversation. While my TVI is always in touch with my teachers, I always send an email myself as well. Please feel free to ask any questions you have.
Mikayla
> On Aug 14, 2017, at 8:24 PM, Emmanuelle Lo via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure what the class will be focussing on yet. I start Wednesday and can keep you posted when I find out more.
>
> Have a great evening!
>
>> On Aug 14, 2017, at 7:47 PM, Keri Svendsen via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Emmie,
>>

>> It depends what type of art class it is. I've done high-school and college level art.
>>
>> I've done drawing, painting, clay, yarn, and so on projects.
>>
>> If you give us more information I think we can assist. I also stress you speak to your teacher as well.
>>

>> On 8/14/2017 4:40 PM, Emmanuelle Lo via NABS-L wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> This year, my high school put an art class in my schedule with a new teacher whom I've never met before. I'm totally blind, and I've taken a ceramics class in the past, and in a past year when my art class had a photography component, I wrote a poem and worked with the help of fellow classmates to design and film a video to accompany it. Do you have any ideas for projects I could do this year or other adaptations for art class?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Emmie