[nabs-l] Celebrate Meet The Blind Month with VABS

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 23:59:04 UTC 2017

Help the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia kick off "Meet the
Blind Month" with an afternoon of fun and recreation. The Virginia
Association of Blind Students will be hosting a bowling event to raise
awareness of the month and make the presence of our state's blind residents
felt. Bring family, friends, and fellow chapter members to the event and
engage in networking, social media campaigns, and a raffle for an Amazon
Tap.

Date: Saturday, October 7,2017

Time: 1pm

Location: Pin Boys at the Beach

1577 Laskin Rd. Suite. 100

Virginia Beach, VA23451

Enjoy a crisp autumn afternoon bowling with friends, relaxing near the
oceanside, and supporting the efforts of VABS to educate the public on the
effectiveness of blind students in our state and around the country. Our
public would be satisfied with hearing all the success stories that blind
students can give and you could be just one anecdote away from meeting a
future employer or scoring a future internship. Take this afternoon to
gamble on a chance to redefine your future.

Price of games for all members are $2 and the shoe rental is free. This is
an open event and all friends and family members are welcomed to join us
this afternoon. We will be raffling off an Amazon Tap for $5 per ticket. You
must be present to win this prize.

For more information, please feel free to contact Robert Parsons, President,
at rob.parso3389 at gmail .com or Naim Abu El-Hawa, Fundraising Chair, at
nmabuelhawa at gmail.com <mailto:nmabuelhawa at gmail.com> . We look forward to
debunking misconceptions with you in October.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 200 3275

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass