[nabs-l] Guide canes

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 04:15:35 UTC 2017

hello emma,
this is a great question. as for myself I get my canes from the
independence market which is through the nfb.org website. I use a
50/50 cane with a glide tip. I havealso to use a straight long white
cane as well too but, I prefer a folding cane for my preference. I
have also used a fiberglass cane which is also through the
independence market on nfb.org but, I hate that it always keeps on
clapping on me when I walk and, I also need something which has a lot
of support for myself since besides my blindness I have a knee
condition in my right jknee as well too so support is a must for me!
as for your prefer type of cane I believe that ila which is
independent living aidshas them and, also California canes to do as
well too! unfortunately, I don't have their websites but, I'm sure you
can google them for their web sites. also, I have usefd a folding cane
which is metal which my commission for the blind case worker gave me
when I lived in Michigan but, I have also purchased that same cane as
well too but, I prefer the nfb canes! so, that's my thoughts on this
topic I'm sure that others hwere will have other suggestions as well
too! take care and, I will talk to you soon!

hugs,
amy