[nabs-l] Apple Music membership for ckllege students

Sami Osborne sami.j.osborne97 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 15:56:32 UTC 2017

Hi all,

So I just discovered that if you're a college student, you can
get a four-dollar discount for Apple Music (which I've been using
for free so far since changing my Apple ID and email address).  I
thought that was really cool, so I decided to sign up for this
discount membership.  However, when I tried to do so from the
Music app, I was brought to the Apple website, in which I had to
fill out a form providing my email address as well as the name of
my school.  However, after I filled in this information, the text
field for my school name kept popping back up, and I kept getting
a message saying that what I entered was invalid.  So I tried
different approaches, such as just entering my school name
without the word "college" at the end, and then just tried the
abbreviation, but nothing seemed to work.

So was just wondering if anyone has used/is using this discount
on Apple Music for college students, and if so, what did you do
when you were prompted to enter your school name? Also, do you
know if some schools may not allow this discount for some reason?

I hope to hear from all of you soon.

Thanks,

Sami