[nabs-l] Sheet music

Ben Fulton bluezinfandel at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 29 18:15:10 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I recently got a piano for Christmas. I used to play and am interested in
learning more songs, but I am not very good at figuring out songs by ear
alone.

I know about time signatures and chords (well maybe not all of them) but if
someone says a c major half not I know what to play.

My braille is horrible, and I don't even have a display. I use jaws for
everything.

I'm wondering what is out there in a digital form that would let me know how
to play popular songs. I have a list of songs that I would like to learn,
but I don't know how to get music that I can read.

I'm not even sure what the conventions for writing this out really are.
I would think something like -- Bar 1 left hand c major whole note right
hand 1/4 d 1/4 d 1/2e Second bar left hand c7 whole note  right hand 1/4 f
1/4f 1/2 G sharp -- or something like that
 If someone could point me to a source where I could learn how to play
popular songs I would really appreciate that.

Kind regards,
Ben