[nabs-l] Important: invite to the Legislative Committee

Kathryn Webster, NABS President nabs.president at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 22:30:08 UTC 2017

The call in information is as follows:
Call: 605-475-6700
  Access code: 7869673

Best,
Kathryn

-----Original Message-----
From: NABS-L [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Loren Wakefield
via NABS-L
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 4:52 PM
To: 'National Association of Blind Students mailing list'
<nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Loren Wakefield <theweird1 at mediacombb.net>
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] Important: invite to the Legislative Committee

What is the phone number?

Loren

-----Original Message-----
From: NABS-L [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Michael D
Ausbun via NABS-L
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:36 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Cc: Michael D Ausbun

Dear NABSTERS:
As students, we are constantly battling for equal access to our materials
that are provided by our professors, peers, and universities. Materials
might include textbooks, handouts, or even learning management systems.
Equal access is a right, not a privilege, and as such, we should not have to
fight to gain equal access. The time to change this is now.
One of the National Federation of the Blind's priorities for the 2017
legislative year is the Accessible Instructional materials in Higher
Education act (AIM-HEA). As students, we should be on the front lines-after
all, this affects us directly. I am calling upon all of you; not merely to
join in the fight to ensure equal access for you and me, but for all future
blind students who will follow in our footsteps.
You might be thinking now, "how do I get involved?" or "how do I get on the
front lines?" The answer is to join the legislative committee of the
National Association of Blind Students, a proud division of the National
Federation of the Blind.
To join the legislative committee, you only need to call in on the following
dates and times, listen and discuss, and advocate for our legislative
priorities. The dates are listed below. I hope to see you all on the next
call of the legislative committee!
Date: Third Monday of the month
Time: 9 P.M. Eastern, 8 Central, 7 Mountain, and 6 pacific Respectfully,
Michael Ausbun Chair | Legislative Committee Secretary | national
Association of Blind Students

NABS-L:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/theweird1%40mediacombb.n
et