[nabs-l] Any Existing Accessibility Guidelines?

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:41:41 UTC 2017

Hello All,

I understand the National Federation of the Blind is currently advocating for legislation to create national guidelines for creating accessible instructional course materials. However, I am curious, are there any current guidelines regarding accessing visual information such as course materials, online platform systems, and video monitors that only display visual content? I am not a very technical person, so I am not quite sure how to make information technology accessible even though I know it is possible and required to provide equal access to students with disabilities. Any information you could provide in regards to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Elizabeth