[nabs-l] math and science homeschooling

Lucy Sirianni lucysirianni at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 16:47:59 UTC 2017

Hi Ahbee,

I homeschooled from kindergarten through high school graduation,
so I have a few ideas.  First, depending on what state you're in,
you can homeschool but still have an IEP through your local
school district and receive supplementary services through them,
including Braille transcription.  Second, you could reach out to
your state agency for the blind for transcription assistance, if
you're of age to have a counselor.  Third, you could get
textbooks from sources like the American Printing House for the
Blind (expensive, but maybe your state agency would help with the
cost?), Bookshare, or volunteer transcription agencies.  Finally,
you might look into Hadley's math and science courses.

I hope this helps, and feel free to reach out if you have any
more questions about homeschooling; it was a great experience for
me!

Lucy