[nabs-l] College degrees/programs and textbooks for visuallyimpaired in eletronic braille

Vanna Song truewise.8614 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 01:17:32 UTC 2017

Hi Jessica,

Nice to hear you want to pursue higher education. Books, you can get
from Learning Ally and BookShare. You can also get books from BARD. If
you use a smart phone or tablet, you can pair your device with a
Braille display and read books from BARD, Book Share, and iBooks. Your
college or university should also be able to provide you with
accessible versions of books. We can't recommend any degrees or career
choices for you. You will have to find that out for yourself. However,
perhaps we could guide you in a certain direction if you tell us a bit
about yourself. What is your status? Are you high school educated, or
do you have a GED? Answers to questions like this and other can help
us help you decide where to start.