[nabs-l] Questions About Connect Math and Math Reader

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:53:16 UTC 2017

Hi Elizabeth,
I'm going to be starting my math course today.
I can't assist you with Math-Connect, as I have never had
experience it.
As for your reader question: in my disability services office,
although I have not yet had experience with my reader, they pick
by department.  So for example if it ever came down to me needing
a reader in Spanish, they would go to the Spanish d"partment,
meaning that they would get someone who is familiar with the
language.  If I for some reason will not work well with a
particular reader, then I would try another one.  Have your
disability services told you if their system works similarly?
Your Disability Services sounds unsupportive, and finding a
reader off them may not be the best course of action.  You could
also try asking around.  You could write up some flyers and put
them all over the school, and then you could interview them.
As an aside, if you do decide to try to get a reader with DSS, be
prepared for them to ask you on the spot before meeting the
reader what time you will want to work with the reader (which I
can appreciate that, given all other classes and activities, can
be difficult to know initially)
Vejas