[nabs-l] College Math Homework on the Perkins Brailler

Kristen Steele kskristen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:31:24 UTC 2017

Vejas--

Yes, nearly all symbols appear mathematically, as you would write them
in print. I now have my Apex switched to UEB, and it appears you have
to be in USA Braille for Nemeth input to work. Once your keyboard
Braille grade is switched back, you can enter Nemeth mode from any
KeyWord file by pressing Backspace-N. The Symbol Selector is accessed
by Backspace-3-5. From that point, you just type in Nemeth, as if you
were using a Brailler, and when converted to Word, all symbols will
appear correctly in print.

There is also a section in the User Guide under Nemeth Topics that
explains the feature. If you have any other questions throughout the
course, feel free to get in touch!
--
Kristen