[nabs-l] College Math Homework on the Perkins Brailler

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 01:29:12 UTC 2017

Hi Vejas and all,

I, too, find it much easier to solve math problems using a Perkins
brailler and did so in all my math and statistics courses throughout
college. I typically
read my work aloud to a scribe (who was hired by the Disability
Services office) so that he/she can write out everything in print. On
several occasions the professor arranged for me to meet with a
graduate student teaching assistant once a week to transcribe my
answers. Like Alleha I never got the Nemeth mode on my Braille Note to
work properly; it produced math in written text (rather than sympbolic
form) that is very hard for sighted readers to understand. It has been
a while since I last tried it though, so I would encourage you to
enter a few math equations using Nemeth on your Apex and have a
sighted person check the printed results. Hope this helps!

Katie

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/alpineimagina