[nabs-l] Filing discrimination complaint re NIU TVI program with US Department of Education

Cazares, Gabe GCazares at nfb.org
Tue Jan 17 14:44:20 UTC 2017

Zach,

If you have already filed a grievance with your school and are not satisfied with the results of that process, filing a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights in the U.S. Department of Education is certainly another option that is available to you. However, it is important to keep in mind that if the school has not completed its internal investigation as a result of your grievance, OCR will defer to them until that process has been fully completed.

I am happy to chat with you off-list about things you can do to move the process along.

...Gabe

Gabe Cazares
(410) 659-9314 x 2206
National Federation of the Blind