[nabs-l] summer camps for the blind

Amy Sabo amylsabo at comcast.net
Thu Jul 6 01:16:37 UTC 2017

hello lizzie and all,
I know that lizzie posted here comments about this thread today and, I
was going to comment on this thread and, I deleted it into my trash
folder so, it's now my turn to give my two cents worth on this topic.

yes, the information that lizzie posted here on the list is correct.
in January and in the spring of that year the youth services will post
something for the 3 nfb centers looking for people to be councelors
for their summer programs and, they even do that at Washington seminar
too. they did when I went to Washington seminar in 2003 at the nabs
seminar but, i could be wrong here... so, someone on this list needs
to clarfly on this thought since I haven't been back to dc since I
have lived in Colorado due to financial and personal issues. as a
matter of fact I was going to go to dc but, it didn't workout for me
to find a roommate since I had a plane voucher from amarican airlines
that I had to use up!

as for bism they posted about working for their summer program in the
spring of that year or sometime in the mid of june. I know that
personally because in the summer of 2006 I had the opportunity to be a
summer councelor for their summer program which was called wings which
stood for winning independence in gaining success which is now
independence 2017 or whatever year it is. unfortunately, I had to
resign from this position because I was physically and verbally abused
by 2 of the girls I was taking for in my apartment. It was very
difficult for me to deal with this matter and, it took me a long time
to move on with my life personally and professionally. so, if you want
to learn more about bism and, contact the youth services director or
the director of bism go to their web site at www.bism.org

again, thanks for youer interest in being acouncelor at one of our nfb
center and, I wish you good luck in obtaining that summer job!

hugs, amyn jan