[nabs-l] Shikha Running for being a board member

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 8 21:12:02 UTC 2017

Cory,

They follow roberts rules of order. Nominations are sought three times from
the floor. The nominating committee will announce up front who is running.
If someone is nominated from the floor, that person has to accept the
nomination and be there to represent themselves.

At least at my chapter meetings, if no one else is nominated, someone says,
"I move that nominations be closed and that blank be elected by
acclimation." Then someone seconds that request and the vote proceeds.

I hope Shikha can run and she is accepted by the nominating committee.
Otherwise, she can nominate herself from the floor or have a friend nominate
her.

Good luck Shikha!

Ashley