[nabs-l] New sounds on the Iphone

Mikayla Gephart mikgephart at icloud.com
Sun Jul 16 17:45:55 UTC 2017

Hi all,
     It was nice seeing you all at convention. I am a little late to this, but I just installed the latest software update for the iPhone. I find the new Voiceover sounds when you lock your phone very annoying. Also, I have Touch ID, and now they changed it so you have to press the home button instead of just placing my finger on it. When I forget, it makes another annoying sound. I turned Voiceover off and none of these sounds happened, so it is clearly a Voiceover thing. After some research, I realized that the only way to rectify this is to turn sound affects off under Voiceover settings. I do not like doing this because I like the noises for flicking and double tapping. I have sucked it up and just turned sound affects off. However, if anyone else is annoyed by this, please email accessibility at apple.com <mailto:accessibility at apple.com>. I also left feedback with someone from Accessibility by phone, but she recommended email as well. I have also heard that contacting Customer Relations is good. Everyone that does not like these changes should use as many avenues as possible to let Apple know our thoughts. We should also let each other on this list and on online forums what we think. Thanks all, and I am hoping I am not opening a can of worms with this feedback and this message.
Best,
Mikayla