[nabs-l] endorsing Vee Gaspa for VP

Garrett Kearns goosie1011 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 20:28:51 UTC 2017

Hello all,

To most of you I'm a new face among the crowd. to those who attended
the Northeastern Student Seminar last month I'm glad to have met all
of you. To my knowledge there has been some behind the scenes
controversy in regard to the upcoming election. In the past few months
I've been an outsider, but consider this email a statement of my
opinion on the matter.

Over many years I've witnessed Vee's transformation from a naive girl
into an independent and fearless leader. In the last year she's
handled an immense amount of responsibility, to the point where I find
it staggering she can do it all at once. There have been many late
night phone calls about how stressed and overwhelmed she is. In spite
of that she continues to succeed on a remarkable level, beyond what i
ever could. Between NABS, NJABS, and attending school full time she
has been able to balance her studies, duties to the NFB, and an active
social life.

She has dedicated herself to the Federation, and NABS in particular.
What impresses me even more is her capability to listen to all
opinions, and to be attentive to those who need her. This email is not
intended to tell you who to vote for, but to encourage you to consider
where you cast your vote carefully. I'm supporting Vee because I see
her as the best person for the job. Take this in mind when others
pressure you to think otherwise.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to working and collaborating
with all of you  in the future.

Regards,
Garrett Kearns
Member of the Virginia Association of Blind Students