[nabs-l] Accessible Typing Test?

Ellana Crew eemcrew at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 04:46:33 UTC 2017

Hi there,

So this one is actually pretty easy and I just did this myself recently. A typing test usually consists of typing the same sentence over and over again within one minute time frame, usually using a timer or stopwatch, and when you're done, you check the word count. Unfortunately I'm a Mac user so I don't know how to check the work out on a word document for PC, but I'm absolutely certain the feature exists. Just open up a blank word document, set your timer for one minute, type the same sentence over and over again until the timer stops, and then check your Word count.  This actually isn't really something blindness specific, and would be better to just do a Google search for how typing tests work. But it's pretty simple, just use the word count feature in whatever wordprocessing software you have to check your word count when you test yourself.

Ellana Crew, Vice President
Maryland Association of Blind Students
Website: nfbmd.org/students
Facebook: facebook.com/mdabs.federation