[nabs-l] Experiences at LCB Brianna McDowell

Michael Ausbun mausbun at nevada.unr.edu
Thu Jun 29 03:13:22 UTC 2017

Hey there,
I am a current student here at the Louisiana Center for the Blind; although,
I graduate on Friday. Honestly, I wish I would have come to training before
I went off and got my B.A. in Philosophy; the world would have been so much
more opened, and opportunities would have been much greater. Before coming
here, I did all right. I managed not to starve to death, I traveled around
ok, I finished college; but there was so many things I was not doing, which
I could have been doing, and just never had the courage to try. LCB has done
a lot for me, but most of all it has increased my confidence in my own
ability, while providing me with the skills to truly live the life I want to
live fully integrated, while receiving competitive employment and equal
access to technology, job prospects, education, and so many other things
equal to my sighted  counterparts. I cannot wait to meet you, as I will be a
graduate student at Louisiana Tech University when you arrive!
Best,
Michael Ausbun, Secretary
National Association of Blind Students