[nabs-l] YOU'RE INVITED: Join the National Association of Blind Students 50th Anniversary Planning Committee

Kathryn Webster, NABS President nabs.president at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 18:34:36 UTC 2017

Fellow students,

                It's a monumental time for NABS to be alive and well,
breaking down society's misconceptions of blind students each day. This
year, especially, we are marveling over the work we have done over the past
half century and celebrating our successes and progress moving forward. As
the 50th anniversary of the national Association of Blind Students comes
upon us this July, we find it important to honor our national student
division of the National Federation of the Blind in every way it deserves.
We are strong, proud, lively, and committed to improving the lives of blind
students and building our movement.

With this, the NABS 50th Anniversary Planning Committee has been tasked with
coordinating, collaborating, and implementing events, meetings, and
opportunities for interaction at this year's National Federation of the
Blind national Convention. It is significant to have our members' input in
spearheading such efforts. So, I invite you to join our committee on Sunday,
March 12, 2017 at 8pm eastern for the inaugural meeting of the 50th
Anniversary Planning Committee. I also encourage you to reach out to our
appointed Chair, Shannon Cantan, to brainstorm ideas prior to the committee
call.

I am eager to hear from our membership in coordinating an incredible NABS
presence at this year's Convention. Please direct questions to Shannon
Cantan at shannoncantan.nfb at gmail.com <mailto:shannoncantan.nfb at gmail.com> .

I look forward to dreaming big with our imaginative minds next Sunday, March
12 at 9pm eastern.

Call: 605-475-6700;

  Access code: 7869673.

Let's go build the Federation,

Kathryn Webster

President | National Association of Blind Students