[nabs-l] Transitioning to college or training center and being almost a senior in high school

Mikayla Gephart mikgephart at icloud.com
Sun Mar 5 20:32:08 UTC 2017

Hi all,
     Thank you all for your responses.I just found out yesterday in casual conversation that while you are in high school, you can also enroll in courses at the community college I want to attend. I did not know community colleges did that. Nobody at my school told me that. What do you all think of this option? I am just trying to figure all this out. I am an only child, so my parents never went through this with another child. As far as training, should I mention it to my counselor when I meet with her his month? I like her, but am a little nervous. I worry that I will have to justify it on the spot, and also worry about telling my TVI, even though it is not her decision, as her and my counselor work in the same office, and she sometimes can ask a lot of questions about my decision. I know that she will not vocally object, it is not her decision, and that both her and my counselor are there to support me and care about their jobs, but can not help but worry. I know I will have to suck it up eventually. Thank you all again.
Mikayla