[nabs-l] qualitative research software

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 10 01:23:51 UTC 2017

Hello Elif,

I think it can be easy to confuse qualitative data with quantitative data as I tend to do it myself even though I know the difference between these two types of data.

Unless you are being required to use computer software to analyze the data for your research project, it may be possible to analyze your data without using computer software. If I recall correctly, I remember Cindy Bennett asking the same question a while ago. I think Arielle Silverman posted a good response about how to analyze qualitative data without using computer software. Let me see if I can find her response to this question.

However, if you are specifically looking to use computer software to analyze your qualitative data, I would suggest that you contact Cindy Bennett at clb5590 at gmail.com to see what program would be the most accessible.

So far my qualitative research projects have been rather small, so I do not have any personal experience using any computer software programs to analyze my data.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth