[nabs-l] Interning at Jernigan Institute

Michael Ausbun mausbun at nevada.unr.edu
Thu May 25 01:31:55 UTC 2017

Hello Vejas,
I had the honor and privilege to be an intern last summer at the Jernigan
Institute. It was one of the best, most worthwhile, and most fun experiences
I have ever had. I learned a great deal about our organization through the
program. As an intern, you get a variety of experiences that strengthen your
understanding of our policies and programs. I would recommend it time after
time to everyone.
	Regarding national Convention, interns are expected to not only go
to National Convention, but also execute certain tasks as assigned by the
president or others who are supervising you. This often are tasks which help
the convention operate smoothly and flawlessly. This too, is a lot of fun
and provides a person with tremendous experience in event planning,
logistics, operations, and other résumé-building opportunities.
If you have any specific questions, please let me know!
Respectfully,
Michael Ausbun
Secretary, National Association of Blind Students