[nabs-l] Questions about Open Palm and Pencil Grips

Connor Mullin cjmullin225 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 01:41:37 UTC 2017

Hello everyone, my name is Connor, and I am new to the list serve.

Although I am expecting to go to a training center this summer, I am
trying to get a jump on a couple of the fundamental cane techniques,
and I have two questions: one on open palm and the other on the pencil
grip.
First, when using open palm, where should your thumb be placed and how
should it, if at all, be used to propel the cane across your body when
moving from the closed to the open position?

Second, I am having trouble holding my cane centered and arking it to
just beyond shoulder length when using the pencil grip. My wrist is
having trouble accommodating that range of motion. Any suggestions?

Thank you all very much!

Connor