[nabs-l] MLA style and creating headers

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 2 02:11:35 UTC 2017

Hi all,

For an MLA paper, I was wondering about some formatting. How do you know what margins you have? MLA says 1 inch needed all around. Do you italicize titles of books or other written works in the essay?
Also, how do you insert a running header on the right hand side of the page? I use Microsoft word 2013 and Jaws.

I know header is under the insert tab. From there, what is best to do? If I select blank header, will I be able to type in my last name and number 1 and then the pc knows to number my pages? As you know the header has your last name and numbered pages.

Thanks.

Ashley