[nabs-l] safe assign vs. turn it in

Nathan Clark troubleclark at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 15:14:59 UTC 2017

Dear Nabs,
 I was wondering if anyone who has used TurnItIn for submitting papers
 in college has experienced any accessibility issues either using JAWS
 or NVDA? I work at Towson University as a digital accessibility
 consultant where I test numerous technology related products and
 services that my university wants to use campus wide. I test their
 products using JAWS and NVDA in my test analysis. Professors on campus
 have been complaining about the reliability of Safe Assign which is
 used a lot on my campus. My college is thinking about switching over
 from  Safe Assign to Turn it In completely but they want me to test
 for accessibility before making the switch. Any feedback on
 accessibility of Safe Assign or TurnItIn before I go through the
process of testing the applications myself would be greatly
appreciated.
 Sincerely,
 Nathan Clark