[nabs-l] Finding accessible and relevant research articles to complete assignments

Miso Kwak misokwak12 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 18:00:19 UTC 2017

Hi Amanda,
I have been able to access most of articles I needed on GOogle Scholar
throughout my undergraduate career.
Some pdfs were accessible enough for me to open it on the Adobe
Acrobat reader and read it with JAWS or transfer them to my
BrailleNote Apex and read the text.
If the article was not as accessible, I used either KNFB Reader to
scan the article or asked my university's Center for Accessible
Education to make the articles accessible.
Whether I used KNFB Reader or asked my university depended on how much
time I had in  my hand and how critical it was for me to access
certain elements of the articles.
For instance, if I needed to access a chart or graph that was a part
of a scientific research paper, I asked my university to make them
accessible for me or had a reader to describe those elements to me.
Best,
Miso