[nabs-l] Finding accessible and relevant research articles to complete assignments

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 21:49:05 UTC 2017

Hi Amanda,
I've used JStor quite effectively. You'll have to get access through your
school's library website (it requires subscriptions) but they're pdf's are
text ones which is great. As for finding relevant sources, I think this just
takes practice. Meeting one-on-one with a librarian (this was available to
all students at my school), was a huge help. Either they'll find you good
articles or they'll help you decide the best keywords to use or the best
databases.

I know this isn't for articles, but I've found Bookshare a pleasant surprise
in the number of things it has that I can use for academic purposes. I've
only been a member for a couple of years, but it's amazing!

I use QRead, as it is a nice way to show tables of contents (when they
exist) and/or give page numbers (when they exist).

I hope this helps,
Sarah