[nabs-l] Non-visual techniques for caring for a fish tank - asking on behalf of a friend

Miso Kwak misokwak12 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 18:53:41 UTC 2017

Hello,
I am posting this question on behalf of a friend. The below message is
what she posted on a forum I am part of. Please reply here if you have
any tips for her and I will be sharing this with her.

"Does anybody happen to have tips on non-visual maintenance of
aquariums? I'm referring to things such as testing water acidity,
cleaning the tank (which includes transferring critters to a holding
facility until the job is done), and ensuring that the tank's
inhabitants remain healthy. I won't go into too much detail as to why
I, a total blindy with no light perception, would want to take on the
burden of caring for a fish tank whose aesthetic value lies mainly in
its visual appearance. Suffice it to say that it's a project for one
of my college classes that I hope to carry a little further. Yes, I
know fish are boring—they don't like it when you try to play with
them, and they aren't even furry for goodness sake! However, my
semester grade is highly dependent on the success of this project, and
any advice you guys may have would be greatly appreciated."