[nabs-l] Experience working with youth with high-functioning intellectual disabilities and autism and going on outings with them as a totally blind individual

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Tue Sep 12 20:47:03 UTC 2017

Good afternoon, Amanda,

I expect that much of your knowing will happen, like everything once
you place your hands around it, see how it works or doesn't work.
Don't be afraid to do what needs doing with your clients.. Perhaps,
although they were saddled with an unfortunate diagnosis like Down's
Syndrome somewhere along the way, there are always other
intelligentces at play. Don't ignore those!
I wish you would try to celebrate and promote gifts your clients have
and not that diagnosis with which the therapy people, somehhow saddled them.
Car

NABS-L