[nabs-l] Character-Based Language Classes

Miso Kwak misokwak12 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 20:45:43 UTC 2017

Hi Ellana,
I know for fact that both Chinese and Japanese have Braille code.
That being said, I am not sure if any of popularly used braille note
takers in the U.S. support any of East Asian languages.
I imagine JAWS and NVDA are capable of reading these languages. They
are capable of reading Korean, although the pronounciation is not the
best.
If you learn how to type and how to understand the screen reader I
these languages, I think you can take these classes in mainstream
setting.

On another note, if you want to learn Korean, feel free to message me
off list. I am a native speaker and know the Korean Braille code as
well.

Best,
Miso