[nabs-l] A New Radio Station Is On The Horizon, Will You Join The Radio Revolution?

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 22:48:44 UTC 2017

On 9/14/17, David Dunphy via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Please consider passing this along to any friends you think would be
> interested in being part of this new and up and coming radio project.
> As a side note, we plan to carry Nabs events at convention, membership
> calls and a whole lot more! So stay tuned and read below!
>
> Thank you.
> Hi All!
> I'm here to announce that a new radio station is going to be born
> soon. But to understand more, let me give you some quick background.
> Internet radio is something that's been around for quite some time.
> Fast connections and powerful computers and easy to use software have
> made it possible for the average person to do a radio show about
> anything; from music to talk and more.
> I was actually fortunate enough to be able to run a station of my own
> called Audio Access FM til 2013. Circumstances came up in my life that
> forced me to give that station up.
> For awhile, I began bouncing around to different radio projects, and
> one thing was clear.
> People on the various projects were doing a variety of things that
> would take the fun out of radio. Whether it was playing favorites,
> letting those who didn't work on the station into managerial meetings,
> too many clicks, station owners not giving equal support to all their
> djs, etc.
> I decided I wanted to return to running a station. Despite my
> controvertial radio past, I felt that the observing I have been doing
> over the years plus growing up taught me a lot. Furthermore, I decided
> I wanted to set a standard for radio that I believe could make it fun
> again, at least for some people.
> So my friends Will Ouellette, Clara Deitz, Chris Nusbaum and I decided
> to get together to form a new station with a unique name and concept.
> We want to change the standards and expectations of an online radio
> station. We want people to know that radio can be fun, and that a
> station can be an atmosphere where people feel welcome, there's no
> drama, and everyone can have a good time while doing their best to put
> on a quality show. There's a reason the broadcasting bug doesn't go
> away for many of us who have been around for awhile. And that's cause
> we know that if you have a nice mix of good people, professionalism
> and the ability to have fun, being on a station with cool people can
> be an amazing joy ride.
> So since the station is on the internet, and the internet is world
> wide, and there are 195 countries in the United Nations Charter, we
> came up with 195 The Globe. And since we want to change expectations
> about radio, our slogan is Welcome To The Radio Revolution.
> This message is inviting you to either broadcast with us, or to follow
> our journey to our launch date and beyond.
> So if you'd like to apply to be a broadcaster, thus being part of this
> new radio revolution, feel free to fill out our broadcaster
> application right now at
> [...]
hello david,

well, I have replyed to this message to allincluding you and all so,
now it's all to you from me... I didn't know that you were going to do
this advemture in your life? what made you decide to do this
adventure? I like the name for the station and, I think it's cool! I
knew that you would include your partner in ccrime will and also chris
too! they are cool guys indeed:) I know that you and will have a
history and, I hope that it's a successful for you crazy guys! anyway,
I want to help out in anyway I can to promote this station and, also
do my pr work for you and the station if you would like me to do for
you? so, call me this week or email me off list so we can have a
business call... you already have my contact information so, I won't
repeat it here for you. but, if you forget just email me for my phone
number. I will be around this week but, the evvenings are good for
personal call but, for business the days are good. business comes
before personal time that's my opinion! well, that's all for now my
dear take care and, we will chat soon!

hugs always and forever,
amy