[nabs-l] Character-Based Language Classes

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 03:25:34 UTC 2017

Afternoon, Sarah,

         In high school, I studied nihongo tenji (Japanese braille)
by, in addition to studying the language at school, having my Daddy
look up descriptions of how the braille code corresponds to the
syllable chart (hiragana/katakana) On-line and, after gaining a
working knowledge, obtaining an actual book from Japan so I might use
that to apply what I had learned from the On-line resource to try
reading the book. That worked really well as all experiencial lessons
do, to gain sort of a practical, hands-on relationship with the
syllables.  Although I have sort of gotten away from nihongo tenji in
recent years, namely because I have lost the ability (not the skill)
of interpreting braille, I feel I have retained a working knowledge
of the code well enough perhaps, to write it. Try that. I don't know
if you have a resource to obtain published examples of Arabic braille
but I'm sure GOOGLE might be able to help with that, too?
Carly Mihalakis: 408-209-3239
FYI, in my experience, I dictated the impossible Japanese characters,
didn't worry about keyboards and the like.
If I can be of any more help, please call?
408-209-3239
Good luck, Sarah!
Car

languages and I'm not sure how to go